- 1 1/2 cups pure Vermont maple syrup
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek-Style
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bar Divine 70% Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- About 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted or Unsalted Butter, divided
Makes about 12 pancakes for 6 servings
To make syrup:
In medium saucepan over medium heat, gently stir syrup and raspberries until both are warmed through and berries just begin to release their color; remove from heat, cover and set aside.
To make pancakes:
- Begin preheating large skillet over medium-low heat.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk and eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in chocolate.
- Add about 1 tablespoon butter to skillet; when melted, add 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, spreading slightly.
- Cook slowly until some of bubbles that form on surface remain open, about 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden on second side and cooked through to center, about 2 minutes longer.
- Wipe skillet clean and make additional pancakes with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with warm raspberry maple syrup.